[OS X TeX] dvisvgm and ghostscript

Doris Behrendt doris.behrendt at me.com
Fri Oct 23 13:53:16 EDT 2020

Hi Dick and others,

> So the puzzle remains.
>
> I'd like you to do one final test.
>
> 	https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch
>
> download and install Ghostscript 9,50 Full and install it. No need to erase anything first. Then run the test again, this time changing 9.53.3 to 9.50 in appropriate places. Does this work for you?

I’ll do that. But meanwhile I tried alternatives and wanted to let you know what I came up with and what problem occurred on the way:

install ghostscript via brew

(base) Doriss-Mac-mini:logo bd$ brew link --overwrite ghostscript
Linking /usr/local/Cellar/ghostscript/9.53.3...
Error: Could not symlink share/doc/ghostscript/9.53.3/API.htm
/usr/local/share/doc/ghostscript/9.53.3 is not writable.

So, following this link https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/192227/how-to-make-files-in-usr-local-writable-for-homebrew

I had to temporarily change the ownership of the folder /urs/local

I changed from root:wheel to me:staff and after I did this, the linking went through:

brew link --overwrite ghostscript
Linking /usr/local/Cellar/ghostscript/9.53.3... 568 symlinks created

after this, I could finally run

dvisvgm --libgs=/usr/local/Cellar/ghostscript/9.53.3/lib/libgs.9.53.dylib ct-logo.dvi

and get my svg.

So could there be some ownership issues while installing with the installer from your page?

Doris