[OS X TeX] How install cocoAspell for Catalina

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 28 20:20:49 EDT 2020

> On Oct 28, 2020, at 6:55 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I tried the link
>
> 	http://people.ict.usc.edu/~leuski/cocoaspell/
>
> Provided Ibn the “MissingcoAspell.pdf” from March 2020.
>
> Also the link “cocoAspell Spell Checker” at https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/links.html
>
> Neither is working. The first gives me a blank page. The second takes me to cocoaspell.leuski.net and then the page cannot load.
>
> How can I get it to use with TeXShop under Catalina?
>
> (This is for configuring Basic MacTeX + TeXShop on a new computer.)

Howdy,

You can find it in MacTeXtras 9along with lots of other stuff) available at <https://www.tug.org/mactex/mactextras.html>.

One thing to note is that unless you have Xcode or, at least, the Command Line commands installed (you will probably need `make`) you may have a problem with installing the dictionaries. See the `InstallingCocoAspell.pdf.zip' document at <https://herbs.github.io> for some possibly helpful information.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)