[OS X TeX] 2021 installed but "not found"

George Tourlakis gt at cse.yorku.ca
Fri Apr 9 14:32:54 EDT 2021

Hi Herbert, Dick,

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 2:34 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> I installed MacTeX 2021

I succeeded that far. Effortless install. I did it twice :)

Because even though it IS there under /usr/local/texlive  it is not “there” as far as the LocalTeX and TeX Distribution panels know. Lastly,
TeXShop is not picking it up (it picks up 2020).

I do have 2021 under /usr/local/texlive !

I must have misread/ignored some installation instruction?

(BTW, I did do the proverbial "logout and log in again" after install, that I never had to do in the past)

Thanks!

George