[OS X TeX] MacTerminal + MacTeX + screen reader causes frequent crashes?

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:30:14 EDT 2021

Hi

Mohamed Fayed on the visually impaired programmers list had frequent Mac
Terminal crashes which, reading between the lines, seems to be related to
the use of a screen reader. (I should add that I'm a sighted programmer,
who uses neither screen reader nor a Mac.)

When Mohamed mentioned that "frequent crashes occur when I install mactex
on my MBP" I offered to tell this list about the problem, on his behalf. He
accepted my offer, hence this message.

Here's a link to relevant posts on the VI programmers list.
https://www.freelists.org/post/program-l/Anyone-else-facing-frequent-Mac-Terminal-app-crashes,9

I'm happy to be copied in on messages, and where helpful and possible act
as an intermediary.

with best regards

Jonathan