[OS X TeX] Eps error

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 4 10:57:40 EST 2021

> On Feb 4, 2021, at 9:44 AM, Themis Matsoukas via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> That epstopdf.cfg file only adds conversions for tif(f)->png and gif->png using Apple's sip. It does NOT change the eps conversion. It was really meant as something to look at rather than use.
>>

> Herb,
>
> Let me ask the question differently. I (1) want to be able to include tiff graphics and (2) I want the file names of the pdf files that are converted from eps to be the same, egg, fig1.eps becomes fig1.pdf.
>
> What do I need to do?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Well, what I sent will do (1) using Apple's sip. You will either need to use shell-escape or add sip to the list of accepted programs for restricted -shell-escape (the default). See the Eps-Tiff-Conversion.pdf document which is somehwere in your /Applications/TeX folder installed by MacTeX for more information about the latter method.

As far as (2) is concerned, I've given up on that since the old command doesn't seem to work any more for TeX Live 2020 and accepted the default file.eps->file-eps-converted-to.pdf conversion and it has given me no problems.

herbs at wideopenwest.com