[OS X TeX] Assigning Skim or TeXShop to open a PDF file

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 5 18:24:44 EST 2021

Richard

> On Feb 5, 2021, at 1:34 PM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> I just tried to use the “Get Info” panel to change the app that opens a particular PDF file from the default Preview to either TeXShop or Skim. When I do this, and double click on the PDF file, I get the error message:
>
>> “BetaT2.pdf” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
>>
>> macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

I cannot confirm this. I set TeXShop as the default program to open pdf files, making sure that the version of TeXShop I selected was in Applications. After that, double clicking on pdf files opened them in TeXShop. I tried several files, including some documentation files in TeX Live. They worked fine.