[OS X TeX] TeX and DVI in beamer problem

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 11:56:46 EST 2021

Dear Herb,

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 2:19 AM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
wrote:

First open ~/Library/TeXShop: TeXshop has a menu item, TeXShop->Open
> ~/Library/TeXShop, that will open that folder on the Desktop. Then place
> the two files found in the `For TeXShop/Engines' folder (inside the
> `GhostscriptTransparencyEngines' folder) inside the `Engines' folder. Then
> Open the `bin' folder in ~/Library/TeXShop and place the file in the `For
> TeXShop/bin/tslatexmk' folder into the `tslatexmk' folder found there.

I have done these, by following them from Terminal. I'll send you my
notes-instructions how I did, separately, off the list, for you to check if
I did OK - I think I did so.

> Finally, restart TeXShop. You can confirm the two engines,latexTR and
> latexTRmk, are active by clicking on the engines popup menu on the Source
> Window's toolbar.

It took me a little bit to figure out which and where is the popup menu.
The test files, yours and mine, work wonderfully!

The typesetting used to work up to some point, perhaps in 2020. I recall
 that there was s discussion about problems  with gs in his list, but I
couldn't grasp them, because at that point , it didn't occur to me to test
these  beamer files.

I hope that TeXLive will fix the Ghostscript soon, to have it working
normally, by default, from Aquamacs too.

Thank you very much!
Roussanka