[OS X TeX] install spell checking dictionary for Bulgarian

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 11:58:34 EDT 2021

Hi Herb,

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 5:27 PM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Are you installing for use with cocoAspell? If so you can't ise the ispell
> dictionries. You can pick up dictionaries for aspell 0.60 (which is used by
> cocoAspell) at <https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/0index.html>.
> Assuming you are using version 2.5 (that's the last version created quite a
> few years ago) follow the directions in
>

> for installation of the dictionary. You don't need `Stuffit Expander' just
> double click the .tar.bz2 file and it should expand to a folder.
>
> PS: that document is just the Readme file from the cocoAspell 2.5
> distribution.
>
> PPS: cocoAspell hasn't been updated in a very long time and is getting a
> bit long in the tooth. One of these days it will no longer work and every
> time there is a major macOS update I'm apprehensive. If there is someone
> out there with Apple programming experience who is interested in Spell
> Checkers and who might be interested in the project for ``fun'' there is a
> GIT project at <https://github.com/leuski/cocoAspell>.

I've been trying to use ispell or what is the default spell checking
program on the Mac / TexShop / Aquamacs. I though it is via ispell, for
TexShop, because:

Aquamacs has LaTeX aware spell checking, by Mac / Apple spelling program,
with ispell-program-name NSSpellChecker, via ispell interface of Emacs.

No, I do not have cocoAspell. I lost it when I tried to update it from
leuski's website. It's indeed very old and I would prefer what TeXShop and
Aquamacs use. And that is why I picked up
ispell-bg-4.2
from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bgoffice/files/Ispell%20BG/
(nothing there is specifically for Mac)

If you would recommend cocoAspell, I'll try to install it.
Thanks!
Roussanka

Good Luck,