[OS X TeX] install spell checking dictionary for Bulgarian

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 12:10:54 EDT 2021

Best Regards,
Roussanka

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 5:58 PM Roussanka Loukanova <rl.stpuu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Herb,
>
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 5:27 PM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Are you installing for use with cocoAspell? If so you can't ise the
>> ispell dictionries. You can pick up dictionaries for aspell 0.60 (which is
>> used by cocoAspell) at <https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/0index.html>.
>> Assuming you are using version 2.5 (that's the last version created quite a
>> few years ago) follow the directions in
>>

>> for installation of the dictionary. You don't need `Stuffit Expander'
>> just double click the .tar.bz2 file and it should expand to a folder.
>>
>> PS: that document is just the Readme file from the cocoAspell 2.5
>> distribution.
>>
>> PPS: cocoAspell hasn't been updated in a very long time and is getting a
>> bit long in the tooth. One of these days it will no longer work and every
>> time there is a major macOS update I'm apprehensive. If there is someone
>> out there with Apple programming experience who is interested in Spell
>> Checkers and who might be interested in the project for ``fun'' there is a
>> GIT project at <https://github.com/leuski/cocoAspell>.
>>

> I've been trying to use ispell or what is the default spell checking
> program on the Mac / TexShop / Aquamacs. I though it is via ispell, for
> TexShop, because:
>
> Aquamacs has LaTeX aware spell checking, by Mac / Apple spelling program,
> with ispell-program-name NSSpellChecker, via ispell interface of Emacs.
>
> No, I do not have cocoAspell. I lost it when I tried to update it from
> leuski's website. It's indeed very old and I would prefer what TeXShop and
> Aquamacs use. And that is why I picked up
> ispell-bg-4.2
> from:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/bgoffice/files/Ispell%20BG/
> (nothing there is specifically for Mac)
>
> If you would recommend cocoAspell, I'll try to install it.

It seems I have some aspell. Shall I download and try the dictionary:
 <https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/0index.html>
 But I already tried it a few months ago, and it didn't work.

PIus, I do not know how  I would be switching between what is the default
spelling program in TeXShop and in Aquamacs, which I think is the
same: ispell-program-name
NSSpellChecker

/usr $ find . -name "*aspell*"

find: ./sbin/authserver: Permission denied

./local/bin/aspell-import

./local/bin/aspell

./local/bin/run-with-aspell

./local/include/aspell.h

./local/etc/aspell.conf

./local/lib/libaspell.15.dylib

./local/lib/libaspell.dylib

./local/lib/libaspell.la

./local/lib/aspell-0.60

./local/texlive/2021/texmf-dist/doc/latex/latex2e-help-texinfo/aspell.en.pws

./local/texlive/2021/texmf-dist/doc/latex/latex2e-help-texinfo-fr/aspell.fr.pws

./local/share/man/man1/aspell-import.1

./local/share/man/man1/run-with-aspell.1

./local/share/man/man1/aspell.1

./local/share/info/aspell-dev.info
./local/share/info/aspell.info

Roussanka