[OS X TeX] install spell checking dictionary for Bulgarian

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 15:55:15 EDT 2021

Hi Herb,

> On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 5:27 PM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Are you installing for use with cocoAspell? If so you can't ise the
>>> ispell dictionries. You can pick up dictionaries for aspell 0.60 (which is
>>> used by cocoAspell) at <https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/0index.html

There is Aspell on osMac version 11.4. (/usr/local/bin/aspell) and
(/usr/local/lib/aspell-0.60/) I downloaded the bulgarian dictionary folder,
created by the same developer, Radostin Radnev, from the above website. The
installation commands ran finely, from inside aspell6-bg-4.1-0 directory. I
see newly generated Makefile and bg.rws, and bg dictionary files in:

/usr/local/lib/aspell-0.60

But I do not know how to use aspell in TeXShop, and that temporarily, on a
single .tex file , without overriding the default spelling program
(ispell-program-name NSSpellChecker).

Better, to get the default spelling for Bulgarian work. I see some
instructions:
System Preferences > Keyboard > Text  > Spelling > Set up...
To add an additional spelling dictionary, copy the dictionary fies (.aff
and .dic) to the Spelling folder in your Library folder.
I tried, but it doesn't work for the bulgarian.aff and  bulgarian.dict (given
in ispell-bg-4.2/data).

Regards,
Roussanka

Assuming you are using version 2.5 (that's the last version created quite a