[OS X TeX] TeX and DVI in beamer problem

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Mon Mar 1 09:33:14 EST 2021

Hi Roussanka,

> On Mar 1, 2021, at 08:31, Roussanka Loukanova <rl.stpuu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Luis, Win, and Everyone,
>
> Luis, indeed XeLaTex typesets the beamer presentation, and the tree drawings looke fine.Thanks!
> I have two questions:
>
> (1) to get it typeset via XeLaTeX, I have to select:
>
> Aquamacs > Command > TeXing Options > Use XeTeX engine
> Aquamacs > Command > TeXing Options > Generate PDF
> Aquamacs > Command > TeXing Options > PDF from DVI > Compile directly to PDF
>
> What are the commented lines of code to add to the end of the tex file, for Aquamacs to run the above commands automatically?

these are AUCTeX settings configured via local variables, as in, for example

%%% Local Variables:
%%% coding: utf-8
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-engine: xetex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

For the ones that interest you, may be perusing the AUCTeX docs, for instance

https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Processor-Options.html <https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Processor-Options.html>

might help.

All the best,

—Ettore