[OS X TeX] CocoAspell (again)

Sime Ungar ungar at math.hr
Thu Mar 4 03:06:49 EST 2021

> This is what I tried:
> - put the new aspell6-en-6.0-0 folder into /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/ folder
> - in Terminal.app: cd to that folder
> - in Terminal.app: sudo make install
>
> Earlier, for up to El Capitan, this was it, but now, after entering my admin password+Enter the reply was:
>
> xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
>
> So I went to the Apple's site and downloaded and installed Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_11.3.1
>
> Then (still in  aspell6-en-6.0-0 folder)
> - in Terminal.appl: sudo make install
>
> After entering the password+Enter the reply was:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
>
> I have not a slightest idea what this means and what to try next.
>
> Nice people, please help.
>
> Best,
>  Sime

>> On Mar 3, 2021, at 12:26 PM, Sime Ungar <ungar at math.hr> wrote:
>>
>> This is what I tried:
>> - put the new aspell6-en-6.0-0 folder into /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/ folder
>> - in Terminal.app: cd to that folder
>> - in Terminal.app: sudo make install
>
> Howdy,
>
> What is in the aspell6-en-6.0-0 folder?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> herbs at wideopenwest.com

Hi Herb,
the aspell6-en-6.0-0 folder contains over 90 files, so I am sending the content of the analogous but much smaller folder aspell-hr-0.51-0 manifesting the same problem:

SU:aspell-hr-0.51-0 sime$ ll
total 1992
-rw-r-----@ 1 sime  staff   26428 Mar 18  2004 COPYING
-rw-r-----@ 1 sime  staff     363 Mar 16  2004 Copyright