[OS X TeX] CocoAspell (again)

Franconi Enrico franconi at inf.unibz.it
Thu Mar 4 04:14:25 EST 2021

Do you have a basic working installation of cocoAspell?
I've found that I had to reinstall it from scratch in BigSur, using the original installer, which still works.
In order to add more languages beyond English, you download them from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/0index.html. Unpack the downloaded dictionaries, open a terminal, cd into the directory of the unpacked files, and than compile as follows (you need XCode with the command line tools installed):
./configure
make
After that, move the compiled files (i.e., the .dat .cwl .multi .rws .alias files) to one of the following directory (the one created by cocoAspell), so that Aspell can find them:
/Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0

cheers
--e.