[OS X TeX] [External] double page view

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 2 19:59:50 EDT 2022

I’m sorry but this advice is totally over my head.
I did find the “TeXShop Changes 4.76” document, and so I vaguely understand that a change in settings is necessary.
I took the advice
“users who dislike the single page can get rid of it by issuing the following command in Terminal:
defaults write TeXShop DisplayAsBook NO”
to be directions how to make the change.  But I am not familiar with how to make commands in Terminal, and got an “undefined command” error when I tried to wing it.
I also went into the TeXShop preferences panel and changed “pages flow from right o left” to “pages flow from left to right”.  This seemed to change nothing.

Can you either give me or point me to “instructions for dummies” for this problem?

I don’t really care about page 1 standing alone (in fact, when it does so as the page opposite a blank page, I don’t mind) but having pages 2 and 3 display in two-page format as page 3 on the left and 2 on the right seems to be totally wrong.

ZN