[OS X TeX] TeXShop 5.01 - html generation demo not working

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Sun Aug 28 11:15:36 EDT 2022

> On Aug 28, 2022, at 10:01 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying the Fourier demo to generate and view html using TeX4ht, but I am not getting a generated .html, and although the TeXShop html viewer window opens and has title
> consisting of the path and the name Fourier.html,
>
> 	- the window contents are blank, and
>
> 	- no Fourier.html was generated.
>
> I did the setup detailed under “Updating Your Macintosh” in the “Preparing-for-the-Demo.pdf”.
>
> Then, following instructions in TeXShop5-and-Interactive-Documents.pdf, I changed the source Fourier.tex first line to:
>
> % !TEX TS-program = TeX4ht
>
> and when that alone gave the above non-result, I also changed the engine in the drop down menu to TeX4ht before pressing the Typeset button again.
>
> What’s wrong?
>

>> On 26 Aug2022, at 11:18 PM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>>
>> TeXShop 5.01 is available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from
>>
>> https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html
>>
>> Please read the Changes document in the TeXShop Help Menu.
>>
>> I tested this version on High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Monterey, and the Ventura beta and it seems to run fine on all of them. But as systems get older, minor problems arise. MacTeX 2022 does not install on High Sierra and I was too lazy to try the Unix Install. My High Sierra system had TeX Live 2018, and everything worked well except TeX4ht.
>>
>> SageMath can display 3D graphs on these systems, but on Mojave and earlier the mouse cannot manipulate these graphs. That started to happen on Catalina.
>>
>> TeXShop 5.01 comes with an elaborate demo of recent features, as explained in the Changes document.
>>
>> Richard Koch
>
> ---
> Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> Mobile (413)-427-5334
> 503 King Farm Blvd #101
> Rockville, MD 20850-6667

Howdy,

Copy the ~/Library/TeXShop/New/Demo folder to your Desktop. Open it then the inner Fourier-for-TeXShop folder. What do you see there?

If you typeset the original document using pdflatex did you get a Fourier.pdf? If you delete that pdf and then typeset using the tex4ht engine (case doesn't matter) is the pdf re-generated and displayed? Is there a Fourier.css and fourier.html file (there are others generated bit those are the important ones here)? If not what does the Console window show?

herbs2 at mac.com