[OS X TeX] TeXShop 5.01 - html generation demo not working - fix

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 11:21:24 EDT 2022

> On 28 Aug2022, at 11:01 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying the Fourier demo to generate and view html using TeX4ht, but I am not getting a generated .html, and although the TeXShop html viewer window opens and has title
> consisting of the path and the name Fourier.html,
>
> 	- the window contents are blank, and
>
> 	- no Fourier.html was generated.
>
> I did the setup detailed under “Updating Your Macintosh” in the “Preparing-for-the-Demo.pdf”.
>
> Then, following instructions in TeXShop5-and-Interactive-Documents.pdf, I changed the source Fourier.tex first line to:
>
> % !TEX TS-program = TeX4ht
>
> and when that alone gave the above non-result, I also changed the engine in the drop down menu to TeX4ht before pressing the Typeset button again.
>
> What’s wrong?
>

>> On 26 Aug2022, at 11:18 PM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu <mailto:koch at uoregon.edu>> wrote:
>>
>> …. TeXShop 5.01 comes with an elaborate demo of recent features, as explained in the Changes document.

CORRECTION : the html _IS_ being generated, but still the TeXShop web viewer is showing an empty window contents.

CAUSE OF ISSUE:

I had moved the Demo folder to:

	/Users/theuser/Documents/TeX_documents/TeXShop\ Demo

And so I typeset the file:

	/Users/theuser/Documents/TeX_documents/TeXShop_Demo/Fourier-for-TeXShop/Fourier.tex

The issue is that the path has a space in it, which the web viewer does not like!

FIX:

When I changed the name of the moved folder to TeXShop_Demo, with no space, everything worked fine.

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mobile (413)-427-5334
503 King Farm Blvd #101