[OS X TeX] CocoAspell still not working for me

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 25 11:34:11 EST 2022

> On Jan 25, 2022, at 7:40 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 25, 2022, at 6:28 AM, Themis Matsoukas via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> A couple irritating inconveniences:
>>
>> i)  CocoAspell is not fully latex aware. It flags for example the {llc…} in column alignments. This is so annoying that I am now entering the alignments with a space between them, e.g.,  (l l c …}.  I don’t think the user should do the work of the software.
>
> Howdy,
>
> Under the Filters tab of the Spelling pane in System Preferences choose TeX/LaTeX. You can add environments there and [], {}, [√], {√} for [Optional] or {Necessary} Arguments that DON'T GET checked and GET checked respectively. Note: √ is Opt-V with the US Keyboard. From then on Aspell will know what to do.

Sigh... I was mistaken about this. The list is for commands only: e.g., it has {}[] for begin (for \begin{...}[...] so the first argument is the environment name and only an optional argument that isn't checked follows). I'd worry about changing that to {}[]{} since \begin is used for all environments and I'm not convinced it won't mess something up.

I guess the problem with tabular never really bothered me since I don't have it marking all errors as I type. I do a spelling check using Cmd-; when I'm ready to typeset and just type another Cmd-; when I hit that quirky thing.

PS: there are way too many ways of creating tables using different packages I'm not sure how you would take care of them all.

herbs at wideopenwest.com