[OS X TeX] CocoAspell still not working for me

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Tue Jan 25 14:08:42 EST 2022

> On Jan 25, 2022, at 11:34 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> Sigh... I was mistaken about this. The list is for commands only: e.g., it has {}[] for begin (for \begin{...}[...] so the first argument is the environment name and only an optional argument that isn't checked follows). I'd worry about changing that to {}[]{} since \begin is used for all environments and I'm not convinced it won't mess something up.
>
> I guess the problem with tabular never really bothered me since I don't have it marking all errors as I type. I do a spelling check using Cmd-; when I'm ready to typeset and just type another Cmd-; when I hit that quirky thing.
>
> PS: there are way too many ways of creating tables using different packages I'm not sure how you would take care of them all.

It is not just tabular.

All my du, dv, dn, dt... are flagged in every equation. Same with the contents of \cite, \citep, \citet, which contain nonsensical strings. I’ve added these commands to CocoAspell’s filters but I don't see any effect. I am working n a paper with 140+ references, I spend most of the time hitting ignore until I catch a real typo. And when I open the file again I have to do the same, because cocaspell does not remember the ignored words.

Themis