[OS X TeX] macOS Monterey - broken BBEdit/Skim integration scripts

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 31 19:02:48 EDT 2022

For my python 3 setup, I was able to correct parse_log.py and directives.py by changing the first line to

#!/usr/bin/env python3

and changing each print statement to enclose the argument in parentheses.

I also stumbled over a problem with the Check LaTeX Semantics script which incorrectly parses error lines containing "User Regex". Perhaps that may be fixed with a different set of options.

To answer your other question, the scripts that Herb referred to earlier do indeed provide full backward and forward synching between BBEdit and the TeXShop pdf previewer. Make sure to follow the setup directions with care.

Michael