[OS X TeX] macOS Monterey - broken BBEdit/Skim integration scripts

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 31 18:27:39 EDT 2022

[This message from Adam did come through directly to my Mail, so maybe my ISP finally got the message that this is not spam.]

Adam,

Thanks for the link to the download! I might install it, at least on a temporary basis, while I’m looking into the migration issue. There is a unix executable in usr/bin called python3, although it’s only about 12 KB in size. I don’t know what this is — just a placeholder of sorts perhaps? I’m not sure if there used to be a file called python or python2 in that spot since I did not look before the upgrade to the operating system.

The integration scripts by Nathan Grigg involves two python files, as far as I’ve discovered so far: parse_log.py and directives.py. Both of these files begin with "#!/usr/bin/python”. As an experiment, with BBEdit I temporarily changed both of these lines to "#!/usr/bin/python3” and I got beyond the original error message to yet another one.

Richard