[OS X TeX] SyncTeX

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Mon May 2 16:06:46 EDT 2022

Hi all,

This may be old news to veteran TeXShop users, but I don’t remember seeing it mentioned on previous emails, so here it goes.

So we’re on the same page: I use MacTeX2022, TeXShop 4.72, and an M1 MacBook Pro running MacOS 12.3.1.

After many years using TS and typesetting with pdfTeX, I started using XeTeX. The transition was very easy thanks to Richard Koch’s TS Help document “First Steps with General Typesetting".

But there was one hiccup: the syncTeX preference becomes inactive. To activate syncTeX, simply include the command \synctex=1 in the preamble.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Raúl Martínez