[OS X TeX] Présentation.app 3.1.0 alpha needs some testing

renaud blanch rndblnch at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:25:17 EDT 2022

Dear all,

I'm working on adding some new features to Présentation.app (presentation mode à la Keynote or PowerPoint for pdf, e.g. produced with beamer):
- handling PDF duration for pages (produced e.g. with \transduration). the details of the interaction have to be polished, for now press 'space' when on a page with duration will enable automatic advance of the slides.
- handling of animation produced using the animate package
- handling of movies linked using the \movie command of the multimedia package that comes with beamer
- handling of movies embedded using the \includemedia command of the media9 and movie15 packages.

Some work is still needed to make thoses feature easy to use, but my main concern for now is to make this new code that involves low level pdf inspection robust to the different animate/multimedia/media9/movie15 package versions.

If you happen to have use cases for those features, you can download an alpha preview here (the pkg is now notarized):
http://iihm.imag.fr/blanch/software/osx-presentation/betas/osx-presentation-3.1.0a.pkg

please do some testing and report any problem here (or directly to me if you prefer):
https://foss.heptapod.net/macos-apps/osx-presentation/-/issues/132

thanks for your help,

renaud