[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 181, Issue 9

David Craig dac at panix.com
Wed Nov 30 15:41:44 EST 2022

> With two other guys (David Griffiths and Richard Sohn) I helped to edit a massive manuscript (Sidney Coleman?s Lectures on Quantum Field Theory), 50 chapters, appendices, foreword, preface, etc.; 1200 pages near enough, several hundred illustrations. Really helpful for doing the index (which by itself itself took two months of hard work).

Magnificent achievement, that.   I had the same faded xeroxes I imagine many students of QFT did when I took it in graduate school.  But what you all did in pulling together all of Sydney’s notes (and videos) into that text/historical masterpiece is something else entirely.  The quality of what you collectively produced is exceptional.  (So much so that it’s one of the texts I use for my own QFT course here.)  Thank you so much to the team for devoting yourselves to a project of such practical and historical significance to physics.

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>