[OS X TeX] TeXShop 5.12

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:25:27 EST 2023

Dick,

Sounds good.

Remaining issue: in html version, how best to deal with the doubled accent over the "e" in "Hàn Thế Thành"? Namely, use lualatex and get side-by-side accents, or edit to show just the acute accent?

Note: typo on page 28 of the pdf: "capitol letters" should be "capital letters". (I'm cursed with being unable to miss such things ever since I was the editor of my high-school literary magazine.)

Murray

> On Feb 27, 2023, at 10:10 AM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Murray,
>
> Indeed I believe the correct strategy is to have a new folder in ~/Library/TeXShop which can hold different versions of the Manual. A preference setting should select the version which TeXShop shows. TeXShop would come with the English pdf preloaded, but other versions would be available on the web. Downloading might be automatic
> (I'll look into that part.)
>
> This is how the two movies in TeXShop work now. They aren't in the distribution, but are downloaded automatically the first time a user asks for them. They remain after this first use, so the next play is instantaneous.
>
> Dick
>
>> On Feb 26, 2023, at 12:30 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dick,
>>
>> Separate download of the html version(s) is plausible.
>>
>> In any case, for the user it would be nice to access such download from the TeXShop Help menu.
>>
>> Murray

> TeX FAQ: https://www.tug.org/mactex/faq/index.html
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/TeX/
>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/