[Textures] TeXtures's new release ?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Feb 8 12:12:08 EST 2010

Le 8 févr. 2010 à 15:38, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 8 févr. 2010 à 14:59, Gianni a écrit :
>
>>> There is Textures 2.2b13 in MacUpdate ( http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/26430/textures ) but not in BlueSky ( http://www.bluesky.com/news/news_frames.html ) !
>>
>> This is not a new version. This is only the 2.12b version adapted to Leopard snow. This version was available just a few days after the 2.12b.
>
> [...]
>
> - In 2.2.0b12a from September 10 the CM fonts are repackaged as 4 suitcases
>
> 	CM/PS Basic Screen Fonts A
> 	CM/PS Basic Screen Fonts B
> 	CM/PS Basic Screen Fonts C
> 	CM/PS Core Screen Fonts
>
> - In the mysterious 2.2.0b13 the original CM/PS Screen Fonts suitcase from 2004 replaces these new suitcases.
>
> So it may simply be that 2.2.0b13 fixes the Snow Leopard issue that required a repackaging of CM, and for some reason has not been released publicly.

Looking more closely, if you go to the Textures beta page <http://www.bluesky.com/news/220b.html> and click on the link for version 2.2.0b12 from September 10, 2009, what you'll get is version 2.2.0b13 from December 19.

So there's nothing new here, it's simply MacUpdate being more accurate that the Textures web site in mentioning the version number and date.

Bruno Voisin

(PS Just to clarify things, the b12 version which I was mentioning above is one which I had archived on an external HD, not the one offered at the Blue Sky site which is actually b13.)