[Textures] Textures 2.2.0b17

Paolo Matteucci p.n.matteucci at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:20:46 EDT 2011

> Textures now supports direct entry/editing of the actual font name (PS fontname) and encoding in the TeX Metrics window…

Thinking about it, I’m a bit puzzled by this statement, or better
still: I don’t understand it… The "PS fontname" (which I’m pretty sure
was already editable in v2.2.0b16 as "coding") is *not* the "actual
[PostScript] name" of the font, which I believe is what you would
actually need, nor does it seem to be [always] inferable from it.

E.g., for tipa12 the "real" PS name is "TeX-tipa12" (which is what
you’d put down in EdMetrics), whereas the "PS fontname" appears to be
"PS TeX-tipa12" (and similarly for the CM/AMS fonts), all the cbgreek
OTFs (which all have the correct PS names and display correctly) have
"UNSPECIFIED" as their "PS fontname", but, perhaps more strikingly,
the European Modern PS fonts, say, emr12 and emti12 (PS names EMR12
and EMTI12, respectively) *both* have "TeX typewriter and Windows
ANSI" as their "PS fontnames" (!), which to me just seems a
consequence of having chosen "TeXnANSI" as their "encoding"… Any
ideas?

> …there are mechanisms for arbitrary encodings

Which ones? EdMetrics? :-?

    Paolo