[Textures] Textures 2.2.0b17

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Apr 6 04:01:59 EDT 2011

Le 6 avr. 2011 à 09:19, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> To be honest, I've no clue what's happening.

The problem seems to lie in Textures 2.2.0b17's support of OTF fonts, not in FontForge. Here's an example involving OTF fonts but not involving FontForge.

The Mathematica virtual fonts package at <http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/wri_texmf_4.2.zip> includes TFM and VF files for Adobe Garamond. The font itself is installed in OTF format by (I think) Adobe Acrobat and/or Illustrator, at

	/Library/Fonts/AGaramondPro-Bold.otf
	/Library/Fonts/AGaramondPro-BoldItalic.otf
	/Library/Fonts/AGaramondPro-Italic.otf
	/Library/Fonts/AGaramondPro-Regular.otf

Having converted the metrics to Textures suitcase format, I'm getting different glyph charts with the original OTF fonts and with their conversion to TTF in FontForge (the charts are correct with the TTF fonts and incorrect with the OTF fonts).

Attached are the relevant files.

Looking in detail, and looking also at the glyph charts for Computer Modern and Lucida in my preceding message, it seems that for OTF fonts:

- the glyphs that Textures get right are those for which the encoding follows ASCII strictly (ie ! # $ % & etc.);

- for all the other glyphs in the encoding, Textures seems to substitute for each glyph in the encoding the glyph at the same position in Macintosh encoding.

Bruno