[OS X Emacs] Re: Does ede mode work on Aquamacs?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 02:53:18 EDT 2008

Gary,

On 9 Apr 2008, at 22:12, Gary K Olson wrote:

> 		(if (featurep 'aquamacs-version)
>                   (setq semantic-load-turn-useful-things-on t)
>                   (require 'semantic-load)
>                   (semantic-load-enable-excessive-code-helpers))
>
> But when I try to add EDE with the following:
>
> 	 	(if (featurep 'aquamacs-version)
> 		   (require 'ede)
>                  (global-ede-mode t))
>
> I get the following error message in my *messages* file:

Your code doesn't do what you think it does.

You will need to use  (boundp 'aquamacs-version) to check for Aquamacs
(as elsewhere), and you'll also need to review the syntax of `if',
because you really want to use `when' in this situation.   (The above
will never work right!)

You can always press C-x C-e to evaluate an Elisp expression in any
buffer.

Hope that helps,
- David

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and