[OS X Emacs] auto-fill-mode

Thomas S. Dye tsd at tsdye.com
Fri Apr 11 20:11:10 EDT 2008

Aloha all,

When I set Options/Word Wrap in Text Modes, then Save Options, this is
what ends up in customizations.el:

'(text-mode-hook (quote (turn-on-auto-fill (lambda nil (auto-fill-mode
0) (message "")) text-mode-hook-identify)))

When I open a text file, auto-fill-mode is not enabled.

If I change (auto-fill-mode 0) to (auto-fill-mode 1) by editing
customizations.el directly, then the option works as I expect.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, a feature, or the result of some
effluvia in my setup, but I thought you folks might be interested.

BTW, Aquamacs rocks.

Tom