[OS X Emacs] longlines.el

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:54:39 EDT 2008

Greetings!

Love emacs and Aquamacs in particular.  I mostly use emacs for LaTeX,
that is why I really need longlines.el to work.

I can make it work in Carbon Emacs, but not with Aquamacs.     I tried
making it work for hours.  This is what I have:

~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/longlines.el      version 2.3.4

I have the following at the bottom of ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs
Emacs/Preferences.el

(autoload 'longlines-mode "longlines.el" "Minor mode for editing long lines." t)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'longlines-mode)

It does not seem to load.   I have restarted Aquamacs, I have
rebooted.  I have also placed longlines.el in /Applications/Aquamacs
Emacs/Contents/Resources/site-lisp

When I load at the messages buffer it is not in the list of the
plugins that is loaded.  However, I can see it in the Carbon Emacs
messages buffer.

Any suggestion on how to make it work in Aquamacs?

Thanks in advance,
Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine