[OS X Emacs] longlines.el

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:49:50 EDT 2008

On 15 Apr 2008, at 22:54, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:

> making it work for hours.  This is what I have:
>
> ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/longlines.el      version 2.3.4
>
> I have the following at the bottom of ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs
> Emacs/Preferences.el
>
> (autoload 'longlines-mode "longlines.el" "Minor mode for editing
> long lines." t)
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'longlines-mode)

Longlines.el is not a plugin, so it will not be loaded as a plugin.

Secondly, longlines-mode comes with Aquamacs out-of-the-box.
Please do not install another one on top of that unless you have
specific reasons to do so.

You can find longlines-mode in the Options menu, as "Soft word wrap in
text modes", which will enable it just like you try to do.

Generally I can see nothing wrong with your code, except that the
existing customizations probably override the value of text-mode-hook
after they've been set with your Preferences.el.

Hope that helps.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!