[OS X Emacs] customizations.el on aquamacs

sergio sergio at village-buzz.com
Thu Dec 4 09:52:52 EST 2008

this is a problem i have been battling since i installed aquamacs, and
i just can't seem to get a handle on it..

it happens on two of my computers.. one has tiger, one has leopard..

what happens is..

if i edit customizations.el programmatically (using the menu options),
changes i made to it using other modes (org-mode, or jabber-mode for
instance) get deleted..

at first, i couldn't tell what was going on, as my options would just
wildly change..

then, i kept customizations.el open while i worked through the day,
and i can actually see the the modes and the system prefs fighting for
dominance in the file.. one file deleting other pieces, and so on.

i then made a blank customizations.el file, and started all over again..

everything works fine, until the next restart of aquamacs..

anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

___
peace,