[OS X Emacs] customizations.el on aquamacs

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 00:41:30 EST 2008

Ciao Sergio,

On 4 Dec 2008, at 09:52, sergio wrote:
> if i edit customizations.el programmatically (using the menu
> options), changes i made to it using other modes (org-mode, or
> jabber-mode for instance) get deleted..

I'm not quite sure what would cause this.
(custom-save-all) is called by org-mode (by way of Custom-save), but
in my tests this does not destroy the menu settings that have been
written to custom-file.

> i then made a blank customizations.el file, and started all over
> again..
>
> everything works fine, until the next restart of aquamacs..

Without a reproducible (step-by-step) recipe, I can't really tell
much, and I sure can't fix the bug.

Start from an empty customization file, ideally, and use org-mode to
demonstrate this problem.

I'd gladly fix this for you if you can give me a test case.

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!