[OS X Emacs] aquamacs frame size and position problem

Ivan Werning iwerning at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 10:17:47 EST 2008

Hi. I am new and very excited to join this list.

I have the following problem. I couldn't find the answer in the
archives or googling around.

In aquamacs the initial frame size is too small for my taste (this is
true for all modes but I care about my Latex mode which is what I
mostly use). After stretching and position it to my liking, however,
aquamacs forgets it when I reload the same buffer. I have read that
that is not how it is supposed to behave.

I have tried
 >Options>Frame Appearance Style>Use current style for LaTeX-mode
and then hit
 >Options>Save Options
before exiting (and many times just in case before that).

This procedure does save my changes to fonts and color scheme
correctly. But it does not work for the size and positioning:

- When I load a any Latex file I get the default small frame again
- Moreover, if I load the very same buffer, I also get the small
default frame! (Not the resized one I had stretched myself previously.)

I am running Aquamacs 1.3rc3 on Leopard 10.5.2.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

(By the way, other than this small issue, I am loving this program!
Hats off to the developers for a great job. I probably would not have
bought a mac laptop running os-x over a pc running ubuntu if I hadn't
seen aquamacs as a feasible option for my Latex writing.)