[OS X Emacs] aquamacs frame size and position problem

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 14:58:49 EST 2008

On 24 Feb 2008, at 15:17, Ivan Werning wrote:

> In aquamacs the initial frame size is too small for my taste (this
> is true for all modes but I care about my Latex mode which is what I
> mostly use). After stretching and position it to my liking, however,
> aquamacs forgets it when I reload the same buffer. I have read that
> that is not how it is supposed to behave.

No, Aquamacs stores the frame sizes associated with each file visited
(provided the defaults are left in place).

> This procedure does save my changes to fonts and color scheme
> correctly. But it does not work for the size and positioning:

Frame Appearance does not store frame sizes.
`smart-frame-positioning-mode' is a different functionality.

It will not retain sizes when you do C-x C-f to visit a file, because
then the frame is opened first, and you select the file right there.
If you load a file with Apple-O or with the "Recent Files" menu, it
should be opened where you last left it.

We could try to put some more thought into frame sizes for the next
Aquamacs version. If you'd like that, please do send a concrete
suggestion for this to the aquamacs-devel list. (Generally, we're
looking for solutions that make it easy for the user. No configuration
if possible.)

- David

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!