[OS X Emacs] Switching from Carbon Emacs to Emacs.app

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 5 06:20:27 EST 2008

Am 05.01.2008 um 11:21 schrieb Lindsay Stirton:

> 1. I tried to install Enrico Franconi's Enhanced Carbon Emacs.
> Mostly, this
> works OK but the Preview-LaTeX doesn't work. Here is a typical
> error message:
>
> Preview-Ghostscript finished at Fri Jan  4 21:26:41
> Running `Preview-Ghostscript' with ``gs
> -dOutputFile\=\(TMA01.prv/tmp90158CBL/pr195-\%d.png\) -q -dSAFER -
> dNOPAUSE
> -DNOPLATFONTS -dPrinted -dTextAlphaBits\=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits\=4
> -sDEVICE\=png16m -r110.522x110.836''

This is no error message, it's just the report of the invocation of a
helper application, gs (Ghostscript), to convert the pdfTeX output of
the region marked to PNG format which then can be inserted in place
of the LaTeX code marked.

This fails for me too. I'll report the bug to AUCTeX and report later!

BTW, IMO there is not much sense in using this plug-in. It comes from
a time when AUCTeX was rather primitive. Meanwhile it has developed.
Try to do your work without it! See what you can customise in AUCTeX
instead!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Chicago, n.:
         Where the dead still vote ... early and often!