[OS X Emacs] Switching from Carbon Emacs to Emacs.app

Adrian Robert adrian.b.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:04:49 EST 2008

> > When run by hand gs does not fail in Emacs.app's *shell* buffer, so
> > it must be something in the way Emacs.app creates the process in
> > which gs runs that is different from the way Carbon Emacs or the X
> > client GNU Emacs are doing their jobs.

If you are certain the same or close-enough data is being passed
(modulo size difference) you could try setting the
process-connection-type variable.  That and environment settings are
the only things I can think of that could possibly vary from Emacs.app
to Carbon version.

Regarding the latter, you could try running M-x ns-grabenv (picks up
current shell env -- see doc for the function) to try to more closely
replicate the env inside the emacs shell in the one the errant gs
process is being run under.

-Adrian