[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs printing

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Jan 22 10:26:45 EST 2008

On 21.01.2008, at 17:54, Paul Rathouz wrote:

> My guess is that would be something you set in your print dialogue
> from preview.  Set paper size.  This is the same dialogue box used
> for all OSX printing.

Thanks for your suggestion.

However, this is exactly the point. All other applications, including
Preview on a PDF, open the Print dialog with a default papersize of
A4. Only when I Preview and Print from Aquamacs does it open in US
Letter. It's annoying to change it by hand all the time, and (at
least) half the time I forget.

For GNU Emacs, I set ps-paper-type to a4 and all is well. Aquamacs
does not honor this setting, so I am wondering what setting one has to
customize.

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, [ISO-8859-1] Jochen Küpper wrote:
>
>> Ho do I convince Aquamacs to "Preview and print" using A4 paper? I
>> guess that is a trivial setting, but I cannot find out which;(
>>
>> I have
>> (setq ps-paper-type 'a4)
>> and cannot find any other variable that might be relevant...
>>
>> Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll