[OS X Emacs] Migration from TeXShop to Aquamacs Emacs

pacotomi pacotomi at orange.fr
Wed Jul 2 10:51:37 EDT 2008

Le 2 juil. 08 à 15:22, Thomas Käufl a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Am 1.7.2008 um 18:34 schrieb pacotomi:

>>> I will keep this solution if there's no way to
>>> recognize mac-roman encoding for AE.
>>>

>> in your preference.el file (in your /Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs
>> folder):
>>
>> (add-to-list 'file-coding-system-alist '("\\.tex" . mac-roman) )
>
> I followed your suggestion and entered the expression
> into preference file.
>
> It didn't work. Then I changed "mac-roman" to "mac-roman-mac"
> and restarted Aquamacs. Again it didn't work. Then, I checked
> the value of file-coding-system-alist. The element
> '("\\.tex" . mac-roman-mac)) appears as first one in the list.

Perhaps this other way:

in Aquamacs preference menu

Environment -> I18n-> Mule -> File coding system alist

Delete the item where there is "mac-roman-mac" (I suppose there is
such an item)

then add :

INS button
first line : File regexp: \.tex (one reads: anti-slash and dot and tex)
second line: Choice: value menu : Single coding system: mac-roman

then "save for future sessions" button on the top

Pacotomi