[OS X Emacs] Installing imaxima in Aquamacs

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:08:05 EDT 2008

Daniel,

The Aquamacs Emacs.app package should not be modified; instead, put
additional packages into ~/Library/Application Support/Aquamacs Emacs/
(see Extending Aquamacs in the Aquamacs Help or Aquamacs Manual.pdf)

I've installed imaxima-mode in Aquamacs without doing any compilation.
Follow the "Manual Installation" instructions from the imaxima.texi document
that came with the download -- open this in Aquamacs and do Command-->TeX to
create a PDF version.

The byte-compiled versions (*.elc) listed under Manual Installation are
optional, and you can easily byte-compile the .el files within Aquamacs if
you wish.  For myself, I created the directory
~/Library/Application Support/Aquamacs Emacs/imaxima/
and put in it the following files:
imath.el
imaxima-autoconf-variables.el
imaxima.el
imaxima.lisp

I've also included the following from maxima:
maxima-font-lock.el
maxima.el

And I put the required latex style files (breqn) in the following location
(depends on the particulars of LaTeX installation):
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/breqn/
I don't think running the "texhash" command as noted in Installation was
necessary.

Let me know how you get on.
--Nathaniel