[OS X Emacs] Spotlight and LaTex files

Ivan Werning iwerning at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 19:12:29 EDT 2008

On Jun 1, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> This isn't the proper conclusion. What you need is a metadata
> importer. They've usually put into /Library/Spotlight (in /System/
> Library/Spotlight Apple stores their own ones). The TeXShop
> application comes with an internal (inside the application's bundle)
> TeX.mdimporter. Originally it was written by Norm Gall: http://www.spookyhill.net/?s=TeX.mdimporter&searchsubmit=Find
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Hi Pete

How can I get my hands on this plug in? I went to Gall's website, got
Google attacker warnings, ignored them but the link to download is
broken. Googling didn't help.

I don't have texshop but it seems that the plugin is installed within
the application's structure (according to http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx/26107)
  and not sure how it works for someone not using it.

Thanks

-Ivan