[OS X Emacs] Emacs make-frame-on-display not working

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 3 04:18:46 EST 2008

Am 03.11.2008 um 00:04 schrieb pdfinn:

> Does anyone have any ideas what I should look into next?

On the remote host you need to enable your local computer and/or your
local account. The xhost programme does this. SSH is IMO a one-way
street: an X client on the remote computer is allowed to use your
local X server (I think the -L option of ssh would allow your local
client access to the remote server). The communication between
between the remote client and your local server is then made secure.
Inherently your remote account at the remote host is allowed to use
your local server.

--
Greetings

   Pete