[OS X Emacs] scratch and scratch <2>

Adrian adrian.down at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:17:59 EDT 2008

Hi Ivan,
The scratch buffer is a bit of a touchy subject in the Emacs community.  I
agree with you in that I find it to be an annoyance that I would rather not
have to deal with in Aquamacs.  I hope to start work soon on developing an
optional "no scratch" mode that will disable the scratch buffer entirely.
 In the mean time, you might want to take a look at my recent posts on this
mailing list in the archive: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.macintosh.osx.
 I wrote a fix, but it's pretty buggy at this point.  Hence, my desire to
make it a more "official" optional mode.

Sorry I can't give you a fix yet.  Hopefully the scratch hassle will be gone
soon.
Adrian