[OS X Emacs] Help getting rid of Toolbar Preview icon; thinner titlebar wanted

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Thu Sep 11 15:52:17 EDT 2008

Howdy,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the "Preview
Here" toolbar icon when I'm editing a LaTeX file in Aquamacs Emacs.  I
have toggled all of the toolbar icon options in the Aquamacs Options
group to off and have searched fruitlessly among the LaTeX and Preview
options, but this one icon remains: http://cmenzel.org/cp.tiff .

Also, in earlier versions (I'm using 1.4 after trying the 1.5 RC), not
only was I able (somehow) to get rid of this icon, I was also able to
get the titlebar to be nice and thin, as in a Terminal.app window.
What I get in HTML and other modes is this one: http://cmenzel.org/FatTitleBar.tiff
  , with a lot of grey between the window buttons and the top of the
text area that makes the titlebar twice as thick as it needs to be.

Suggestions appreciated.

Chris Menzel