[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs, Tramp and command-line

Olivier Marti olivier.marti at lsce.ipsl.fr
Fri Apr 10 04:10:26 EDT 2009

Le 10 avr. 09 à 00:07, David Reitter a écrit :

> Olivier,
>
> the "open" command cannot pass parameters and other arbitrary
> material to an application.
> You will need to start the Aquamacs application as described in
> plenty of places (as is done to start it with '-Q').
>
> Alternatively, use "emacsclient" (included within the Aquamacs .app
> bundle).  That should allow you to open things with Tramp.
>
> Hope that helps.
> - David

David,

emacsclient is perfect. I can run from a remote host :

 > ssh lsce3005 "/usr/bin/emacsclient /ssh:${USER}@${HOSTNAME}.$
{DOMAINNAME}:${PWD}/!*" &

And have the file opened on the Mac. Super ! Thanks you !

I don't really understand what you mean with the '-Q' option. You mean
I should have tried that to be sure that the problem is no due to my
personal settings ?

Olivier

--
Olivier Marti  mailto:olivier.marti[ad]lsce.ipsl.fr
Institut Pierre Simon Laplace