[OS X Emacs] [2.0 p2] Returning emacs standard command functionality

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 09:53:11 EDT 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 8:33 AM, Roland Whitehead wrote:

> Running Aquamacs 2 preview 2, I notice that many of the standard
> keyboard functions have now been set to OS X style UI. Thus c-x c-f
> brings up the normal OS open file dialog. Now this might be good for
> the average user but I want to run tramp and open hidden files and
> access files by path. The average user can still used Cmd-o to open
> the normal OS open file dialog so shouldn't emacs commands be left
> alone?

Actually, this was not a deliberate change, and also I cannot
reproduce the problem.  C-x C-f brings up the minibuffer as it used to
- that's how I load my files.

Can you reproduce this when starting Aquamacs w/o customizations (Help/
Diagnose menu)?
Also, can you isolate the setting / problem and file a bug report via
the official channel (Help/Diagnose menu again)?

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!