[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.6: find-file force frame selection?

Stefan Vollmar vollmar at nf.mpg.de
Wed Jan 28 15:49:45 EST 2009

Hallo,

I observed the following behaviour in the current Aquamacs release
(1.6): on my large screen I like to have two or more frames next to
each other. Each of them usually has a number of tabs. Consider two
frames ("left" and "right"). If I active frame "left" and do a find-
file, I expect the resulting buffer to be displayed in frame "left",
vice versa for a find-file in frame "right". However, if the file I
select happens to have an associated tab in the other frame, Aquamacs
will activate the "wrong" frame and bring the corresponding tab to the
front. This is not necessarily a bug but different from what I expect
- I would prefer Aquamacs to always use the frame where I execute the
find-file for displaying the associated buffer (and tab).

Warm regards,
  Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung