[OS X Emacs] (does anyone here have knowledge of the) interaction between clipboard and kill-ring?

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:15:04 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Michael Gilbert <mcg at gilbert.org> wrote:

> Can anyone comment on how the kill-ring and clipboard interact? Or how I
> might further investigate this problem?

I don't know what's going on in detail, but Aquamacs is using the system
clipboard for pasting = yanking.  From the directory Aquamacs
Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/,
grep -r "yank" .
or similar ("clipboard", "kill-ring") brings up several likely candidates.
There is some cut-and-paste support coded into site-lisp/macosx/osxkeys.el,
maybe that will help.

--Nathaniel