[OS X Emacs] LaTeX on Aquamacs 1.7 not working

Anil N. Hirani hirani at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue May 19 12:11:18 EDT 2009

This worked. Details below (to help any future seekers of this
information).
As suggested, I did C-h-v and typed load-path. That brought up a
window showing that an old installation of auctex was in the way : ~/
Library/Application Support/Emacs/site-lisp/auctex appeared in the
load-path. I deleted the Emacs/ directory and when I started Aquamacs
1.7 again with a .tex file it was opened in latex mode.

Thanks
Anil