[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs -- new buffer in new frame

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:10:15 EDT 2010

On Jun 21, 2010, at 3:10 PM, <prathouz at uchicago.edu> <prathouz at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> 1. How can I force to "visit" (open) a file in the same frame for the cases where I want to do that?

Try M-x find-file RET.  This might do what you want (not sure).
Also, there are configuration variables starting with obof- ("one buffer one frame"), some of which specify which files go where.

> 2. If I have multiple buffers in the same frame (e.g., a file, a dired buffer, and a scratch buffer) and I issue a "switch-to-buffer" command, how can I force that switch to be within the same frame rather than making a new frame?

You can reach the "Switch to buffer here" function via the context menu (right click).

Hope that helps.

- David